Booking Terms and Conditions
Where circumstances permit, Queensland Health Skills Development Centre (“SDC”), which is the primary location of the Clinical Skills Development Service (“CSDS”), makes its room facilities available for use by government departments and agencies, industry organisations, scientific, educational, community bodies and private sector businesses.
- The hirer must use the premises only for the purposes stated in the booking form.
- CSDS reserves the right to use the remaining part of the SDC for any other purpose; and may inspect the room facilities at any time during the period of hire.
- Room facilities are allocated according to the needs of all hirers. All rooms are tentatively allocated and may be changed at CSDS’s discretion to other suitable room facilities. Hirers will be advised in writing of any amendments.
- CSDS accepts bookings via the online booking form and all bookings are confirmed by CSDS in writing.
- The hirer must not assign or transfer their booking to another person or organisation.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the CSDS officer who arranged the booking (“the Bookings Administrator”) in writing, the hirer must not exceed the agreed period of hire stated on the booking form. Hirers who have not vacated the room/s by the specified time will be subject to an additional charge of $100.00 for each hour or part thereof.
- By completing and submitting the booking form, the hirer accepts the terms and conditions contained herein. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in the expulsion of the hirer or any participant, or immediate termination of the booking.
- The CSDS reserves the right at its discretion to refuse any booking request without reason.
- Fees specified at https://csds.qld.edu.au/space-and-equipment-hire/, apply to the use of the room facilities and services. Rates are subject to confirmation at the time of the booking.
- The minimum charge for room bookings is the half-day rate (four hours before or after midday). In all other cases the full-day rate will apply.
- The hirer must confirm acceptance of the CSDS quote at the time of booking.
- CSDS reserves the right to apply additional charges to the final invoice in the event resources are required during the period of hire and are not requested by the hirer on the booking form. Any additional charges applied to the final payment will be communicated in writing to the hirer by CSDS.
- The hirer must pay for the period of hire in full within five (5) business days of receipt of a taxation invoice.
- The hirer is responsible for liaising with the Bookings Administrator for any necessary advice or training with respect to the items and equipment required on the booking form. Competent operation of audiovisual and other equipment used in the room facilities is the responsibility of the hirer. Hirers who do not comply with this condition will be responsible for, and be charged for, any damage/replacement/repair costs.
- The hirer must immediately inform CSDS staff of any equipment fault during the period of hire.
- The hirer must inform CSDS staff of all clinical room requirements and their seating plan preference.
- The hirer must seek the written permission of CSDS via the Bookings Administrator for the display of any signs in or outside the premises. This includes, but is not limited to, pull-ups, posters, promotional material, brochures, and gifts.
- The hirer must remove all items not belonging to the SDC from the rooms they have occupied. Goods left on the premises after the period of hire will be deemed abandoned unless notified otherwise by the hirer.
- The hirer must submit a catering request form where catering is required. Catering requirements and/or changes must be received no later than five (5) business days prior to the start date for the period of hire.
- The hirer must ensure that all food is consumed in the designated meal break areas only.
(5) Occupational Health and Safety
- The hirer and its participants must sign in and receive a visitor pass at the reception desk on arrival, except where the hirer operates a conference registration desk and conference participants are identified while on the premises. In this case, the hirer must give a full list of participants to the Booking Administrator at commencement of the event.
- Hirers and their participants using the room facilities must comply with Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital security, and CSDS occupational health and safety requirements at all times.
- The hirer and/or their participants must not leave the room facilities area and enter other areas of the SDC.
- Hirers must ensure that all participants are aware of and comply with relevant CSDS policies and requirements, including emergency evacuation procedures.
- The hirer must ensure that all electrical equipment brought into the SDC has been tested and tagged by a licensed electrician.
- The hirer must not bring on to the site equipment, materials and substances that may adversely affect the health and safety of the hirer or their participants or other persons within the SDC.
- Actions of the hirer or their participants must not unduly inconvenience other users or cause damage to the SDC, its equipment, walls or fittings. Any hirer or their participants not complying with this condition will be requested to immediately vacate the SDC by security.
- The hirer must not exceed the capacity limitations of the venue.
- The hirer and their participants must follow work health and safety directions by CSDS staff at all times. In particular, the hirer and their participants must follow the directions of the fire safety warden in the event of a fire.
- Enclosed footwear is mandatory.
(6) After hours
- If the period of hire is outside normal business hours of 7.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday – Friday (excluding Public Holidays) (“After Hours Bookings”), a fee for the cost of a CSDS staff member to be in attendance will be incurred.
- A fee for security staff may be charged for After Hours Bookings.
- Access to the SDC for After Hours Bookings to setup, move, or dismantle displays and equipment may be available by special arrangement with the Booking Administrator.
- All changes to the booking of the room facilities must be provided by the hirer to Booking Administrator at least 5 business days in advance to ensure they can be accommodated.
- CSDS reserves the right to charge for late notification of cancellation.
- Subject to paragraph 8(d) below, where notification of cancellation is received by CSDS less than 7 business days prior to the start date and time for the period of hire, the hirer will be charged for 50% of the quoted costs for the period of hire. Where notification of cancellation is received by CSDS less than 48 hours prior to the start date and time for the period of hire, the hirer will be charged for 100% of the quoted costs for the period of hire.
- CSDS reserves the right at its discretion to cancel any reservation up until 2 months prior to the booking date and return all money paid by the hirer without any claim against the CSDS.
- For After Hours Bookings:
- Where notification of cancellation is received by the CSDS less than 14 business days prior to the start date and time for the period of hire, the hirer will be charged for 50% of the quoted costs for the period of hire.
- Where notification of cancellation is received by the CSDS less than 7 business days prior to the start date and time for the period of hire, the hirer will be charged for 100% of the quoted costs for the period of hire.
- Where a booking has been through an approval process and received permission from an appropriate delegate for a discount, the hirer is permitted one reschedule of that booking at the quoted costs. Thereafter, a reschedule or cancellation of the booking will be charged at full rate.
- Whiteboards are to be left clean. Room facilities are to be left clean and tidy.
- CSDS reserves the right at its discretion to charge the hirer for any costs to return the room facilities to their original condition, with the exception of fair wear and tear.
- A bond may be required to be paid by the hirer in advance of the period of hire and if so will be identified on the quote form. Any charges may be deducted from the bond prior to the balance being refunded to the hirer.
(11) Force majeure
- CSDS will not be held responsible for delays, postponements or cancellations of any booking due to unforeseen circumstances and technical difficulties beyond the control of CSDS.
- CSDS will not be liable for any effect to lighting, power or access beyond its control.
- The hirer’s privacy is important to CSDS. CSDS will not disclose the hirer’s personal information to any third part (other than to CSDS’s contractors or agents involved in providing the hirer with products or services the hirer has requested) unless the hirer consents to such disclosure or CSDS is required or authorised by law to disclose such information.
- Parking is available in the Cornerstone Carpark on Herston Road. Parking may be charged at a reduced rate after having your parking ticket validated by CSDS reception staff. CSDS does not accept responsibility for any fines/tickets/towing/damage to vehicles parked on the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital grounds.
- Queensland Health supports a non-smoking policy. Strict adherence to this policy is observed with no smoking permitted in any buildings or anywhere within the grounds of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
(15) Dispute resolution
- Any dispute relating to the operation or interpretation of these terms and conditions will be submitted to and determined finally and conclusively by the Executive Director, CSDS.