Booking Terms and Conditions
Where circumstances permit, Queensland Health Skills Development Centre (“SDC”), which is the primary location of the Clinical Skills Development Service (“CSDS”), makes its room facilities available for use by government departments and agencies, industry organisations, scientific, educational, community bodies and private sector businesses organisations. Priority will be given to Queensland Health staff at all times.
- The premises are to be used only for the purposes stated in the booking form.
- CSDS reserves the right to use the remaining part of the SDC for any other purpose and, may inspect the room facilities at any time during the period of hire.
- Room facilities are allocated according to the needs of all hirers. All rooms are tentatively allocated and may be changed to other suitable room facilities. Hirers will be advised in writing of any amendments.
- CSDS accepts and encourages bookings by email. All bookings are confirmed in writing.
- The hirer must not assign or transfer their booking to another person or organisation.
- Unless otherwise agreed by the Bookings Administrator, the hirer must not exceed the agreed period of hire. Hirers who have not vacated the premises by the specified time and restored the premises to their original condition, including turning off all lights, will be subject to an additional charge of $50.00 for each hour on a pro rata basis until such time as the room facilities are returned to their original condition.
- The completion of this booking form is acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein. Any breach of these terms and conditions may result in the expulsion of the hirer or any participant, or immediate termination of the booking.
- The CSDS reserves the right to refuse any booking request without reason.
- Fees apply to the use of the room facilities and services. Rates are subject to confirmation at the time of the booking.
- The minimum charge for room bookings is the half-day rate (four hours before or after midday). In all other cases the full-day rate will apply.
- The hirer is required to confirm acceptance of the CSDS quote at the time of booking. The hirer must provide their credit card or cost centre to secure the booking for the period of hire.
- CSDS reserves the right to apply additional charges to the final invoice in the event resources are required during the period of hire not requested by the hirer on the booking form. Any additional charges applied to the final payment will be communicated to the hirer by CSDS.
- Payment for the period of hire is required by the hirer within seven (7) days of receipt of a taxation invoice.
- The hirer is responsible for liaising with the Bookings Administrator for any necessary advice or training with respect to the equipment. Competent operation of audiovisual and other equipment used in the room facilities is the responsibility of the hirer. Hirers not complying with this condition will be responsible for, and be charged for, any damage/replacement/repair costs.
- The hirer must immediately inform CSDS staff of any equipment fault during the period of hire.
- The hirer must inform CSDS staff of all clinical room requirements and their seating plan preference.
- The hirer must seek the permission of CSDS via the Bookings Administrator prior to the period of hire for the display of any signs in or outside the premises. This includes, but is not limited to, pull-ups, posters, promotional material, brochures, and gifts.
- The hirer must remove all items not belonging to the SDC from the rooms they have occupied. Goods left on the premise after the period of hire will be deemed abandoned unless notified otherwise by the hirer.
- Where catering is requested by the hirer, a catering request form must be submitted. Catering requirements and/or changes must be received no later than five (5) business days prior the period of hire.
- Consumption of food is to be in the designated meal break areas only.
Occupational Health and Safety
- The hirer and their participants are required to sign in and receive a visitor pass at the reception desk on arrival, except where the hirer operates a conference registration desk and conference participants are identified while on the premises. In this case, the hirer must give a full list of participants to the reception desk the morning of the period of hire.
- Hirers and their participants using the room facilities must comply with Royal Brisbane and Woman’s Hospital security, and CSDS occupational health and safety requirements at all times.
- The hirer and/or their participants must not leave the room facilities area and enter other areas of the SDC.
- Hirers are expected to ensure that all participants are aware of and comply with relevant CSDS policies and requirements, including emergency evacuation procedures.
- Under no circumstances shall electrical equipment be brought into the SDC that has not been tested and tagged by a licensed electrician.
- Equipment, materials and substances that may adversely affect the health and safety of the hirer or their participants or other persons within the SDC, are not to be brought on site.
- Actions of the hirer or their participants must not unduly inconvenience other users or cause damage to the SDC, its equipment, walls or fittings. Any hirer or their participants not complying with this condition will be requested to immediately vacate the SDC by security.
- The hirer must not exceed the capacity limitations of the venue.
- The hirer and their participants must follow Work Health and Safety directions by CSDS staff at all times. In particular, the hirer and their participants must follow the directions of the fire safety warden in the event of a fire.
- Enclosed footwear is mandatory.
- If the period of hire is outside normal working hours, a fee for CSDS staff will be incurred.
- A fee for security staff may be required if the period of hire is outside the normal SDC business hours.
- Access to the SDC outside normal business hours to setup, move, or dismantle displays and equipment may be available by special arrangement with the Booking Administrator.
- All changes to the booking of the room facilities must be provided at least one (1) week in advance to ensure they can be accommodated by CSDS staff.
- CSDS reserves the right to charge for late notification of cancellation.
- Where notification of cancellation is received by CSDS less than seven (7) working days prior to the period of hire, the hirer may be liable for 50% of the quoted costs for the period of hire. Where notification of cancellation is received by CSDS less than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the period of hire, the hirer may be liable for 100% of the quoted costs for the period of hire.
- CSDS reserves the right to cancel any reservation up until two (2) months prior to the booking date and return all money paid by the hirer without any claim against the CSDS.
- Where notification of cancellation for an after hours booking is received by the CSDS less than fourteen (14) working days prior to the period of hire, the Hirer shall be liable for 50% of the quoted costs for the period of hire. Where notification of cancellation is received by the CSDS less than seven (7) working days prior to the period of hire, the hirer shall be liable for 100% of the quoted costs for the period of hire.
- Where a booking has been through an approval process and received permission from an appropriate delegate for a discount, the hirer is permitted one reschedule of that booking at the quoted costs. Thereafter, a reschedule or cancellation of the booking will be charged at full rate.
- Whiteboards are to be left clean. Room facilities are to be left clean and tidy.
- CSDS reserves the right to charge the hirer for any costs to return the room facilities to their original condition, with the exception of fair wear and tear.
- A bond may be required to be paid by the hirer in advance of the period of hire. Any charges may be deducted from the bond prior to the balance being refunded to the hirer.
- CSDS will not be held responsible for delays, postponements or cancellations of any booking due to unforeseen circumstances and technical difficulties beyond the control of CSDS. In particular, charges incurred for the period of hire will not be waived due to unforeseen circumstances and technical difficulties beyond the control of CSDS.
- CSDS will not be liable for any effect to lighting, power or access beyond its control.
- Your privacy is important to us. CSDS will not disclose your personal information to any third party (other than to our contractors or agents involved in providing you with products or services you have requested) unless you have consented to such disclosure or we are required or authorised by law.
- Parking is available in the Cornerstone Carpark on Herston Road. Parking may be charged at a reduced rate after having your parking ticket validated by CSDS reception staff. CSDS does not accept responsibility for any fines/tickets/towing/damage to your vehicle if you choose to park on the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital grounds.
- Queensland Health supports a non-smoking policy. Strict adherence to this policy is observed with no smoking permitted in any buildings or anywhere within the grounds of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital.
- Any dispute relating to the operation or interpretation of these terms and conditions will be submitted to and determined finally and conclusively by the Executive Director, CSDS.