4-6 participants (or team composition applicable to local area)
Emergency department medical and nursing clinicians, obstetric medical and midwifery clinicians
This resource kit provides healthcare workers with the ability to recognise the indications and perform a resuscitative hysterotomy in a pregnant patient who has sustained significant trauma.
By the end of this session the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the severely injured pregnant trauma patient
- Perform a detailed clinical assessment to identify life threats following major trauma
- Understand the indications and contraindications for resuscitative hysterotomy
- Understand the technical skill of resuscitative hysterotomy
- Understand the Crisis Resource Management (CRM) principles when managing maternal cardiac arrest.
3 February 2022