4-6 participants per group.
Medical and nursing clinicians.
This resource kit provides healthcare workers with the knowledge to assess and manage a geriatric patient with low velocity pelvic trauma with multisystem injury found upon further imaging.
- Recognise the high incidence of low velocity trauma in elderly.
- Consider multi-factorial aetiology of presentations.
- Recognise elderly presentations may differ to younger population.
- Understand the injury pattern can be significant despite simple mechanism.
- Identify the challenges associated with clinical assessment in elderly trauma.
5 October 2021